Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Outside Reading Book Week 2 Post 2

"Passion is passion. It's the excitement between the tedious spaces, and it doesn't matter where it's directed...passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary..." (pg 57) This quote is very intriguing to me. I agree with this quote when saying that every person should have a passion because it is something they can focus on in their lives and then receive satisfaction when achieving a goal they set within their passion. In my book John's father's passion happens to be coin collecting and although John and his father don't get along John realizes that coins make him happy so he doesn't bother telling him how boring he thinks they are. In life you may receive happiness from small things in your life but you receive fulfillment from achieving happiness when it concerns something your are passionate about. In my life my passion is hockey and it is the best thing in the entire world when you succeed in hockey because it is something I care so deeply about, whereas if I did something worth honorable mention in a different sport or activity it wouldn’t matter to me as much because it’s not my passion. Also a passion is important to everyone because your passion can be anything you can imagine and you don’t have to be an expert or professional at it because making yourself better is what gives you satisfaction. Overall I think this quote is very inspiring to me and is something that everyone should keep in mind.

No comments: