Sunday, October 7, 2007

Week 3: Post 2

The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls


Overall Summary:
So far in this story there are some things that I like and dislike. I really enjoy the fact that it is fast pace and doesn't stick around on one subject for a long period of time. And I also like that every chapter you feel like your getting to know more and more about the characters. I don't really like the fact that there is no climax and nothing to get excited for. It is really generic and hard to make predictions on what is coming up. The story makes me very appreciative of my life and everything I have. Not just tangible items but a loving family and a sober dad. I think that it is so unfortunate that Jeanette has had to go through and meet so many horrible people that treat her so terribly. In the upcoming chapters I predict that the Wall's family will move out of their grandparents house because of how vile it is and Rex will get a job. So far the story relates to my life because I am kind of like Jeanette in the sense that I am very self taught. I like to do things on my own and I work hard for the things I acheive. I feel like we are similar in the fact that we don't ever want to hurt others so we often keep things to ourselves in order to protect other people. I really am enjoying this book and I am looking forward to seeing how it ends up.

No comments: